The Regional Director is a sales management representative of Skytron’s products, services, objectives, policies, procedures, brand, and corporate core values. Management representation shall be carried out nationally and within the assigned region with regular field contact with customers, distributors, and sales representatives. The Regional Director is responsible for distributor development as it relates to sales growth, training and managing compliance to their Skytron Distributor Contract. The Regional Director assists in conducting national training courses and attending trade shows. He or she is the direct liaison between Skytron, their distributors, manufacturers, and customers.
- Planning, organization, and implementation of sales and marketing programs for the region, in alignment with corporate goals.
- Achievement of sales objectives within the assigned region.
- Responsible for the partnership management and coordination between Skytron, the distributor, the manufacturer and/or customer.
- Train, develop, recruit and mentor sales representatives and/or distributors for the region.
- Manage the hiring and termination of distributors.
- Pursue and develop IDN and key account relationships.
- Conduct quarterly sales performance reviews with distributor principals and/or direct sales representatives. Reviews include quality of reporting, product mix, YTD sales to forecast, annuals sales history, strategic plans, product knowledge, service, and other related issues.
- Prepare annual business plans for the assigned region and present the plan to the Director of Sales.
- Assist in developing and leading national and regional sales training meetings and programs. May also be required to attend relevant national and regional trade shows.
- Possess a highly developed knowledge of Skytron products for communication with customers.
- Timely submit required reports, including but not limited to call reports, expense reports, and annual written distributor performance reviews.
- Complete annual personal development plans for self and staff, reviewing plans and progress each quarter. Goals to be in sync with the defined company strategic plan and identified gaps at a team or individual level.
- Coaches and instructs others on specific work activities and holds employees/distributors accountable. Manages people development and encourages performance through motivation and feedback. Addresses performance issues and coaches on behavioral challenges.
- Gives customers’ internal/external needs priority and responds quickly to customer concerns. Demonstrates a desire to assist others, promotes positive behavior to internal/external customers. Eliminates systems/bureaucratic barriers to deliver exceptional service.
- Listens to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing, and providing relevant information to management, co-workers, and customers. Makes a conscious effort to give explicit instructions or answers, seeks understanding, encourages feedback and listens carefully to others. Maintains good relationships, gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit. Works well within the team, and recognizes and values others.
- Monitors short and long term results and desired impacts. Works and guides people and processes to be accountable to achieve company objectives. Focuses on collective outcomes and tangible group goals and minimize individualistic behavior.
Education, Training, and Licensure/ Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of successful medical sales management in the acute care hospital market.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical Knowledge
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Contract Management