The Receiving Team Member reports to the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor. The Receiving Team Member works together to perform all tasks related to the unloading, receipt, and put away of inbound product related to purchase orders which are delivered via UPS/Fed-Ex, Ground, LTL and OTR carriers (containers). Work with minimal supervision. Responsible for inspecting and reporting any damage or inconsistencies in product or process and work with appropriate persons to resolve.
- Unload shipments with the appropriate material handling equipment as may be required. This requires the individual to be able to carefully select the best piece of equipment for moving loads and to safely and skillfully move product. The individual needs to know and use proper lifting practices for hand unload deliveries.
- Accurately and efficiently, sort and segregate items by product number and verify product item number(s) and quantities based on the picklist. Properly label product, including serial, or lot-tag, identification labels when required.
- Perform put away tasks and inventory transfers in an accurate, safe and timely manner.
- Perform daily/weekly cycle counting of inventory as determined by Plant Manager.
- Research all issues or errors, and complete all steps required to correct them. Reach out to and effectively communicate with the Boom Area, Purchasing Team, Customer Service, and/or Supervisor for assistance with any issues or errors and to successfully support order changes, additions etc. as necessary.
- Accurately and efficiently, process all orders through the ERP System.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment according to task sheet assignments.
- Actively participate in CI projects and events, sharing ideas for improvement freely.
- Cross train in all areas of the Shipping and Receiving department, demonstrating a willingness to help and train in areas outside the Shipping and Receiving department when instructed.
Education, Training, and Licensure/ Certification
- HS Diploma or equivalent, with ambition to further education relevant to job demands.
- MHE experience. RF scanner experience highly preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 1-3 years of material handling experience. General understanding of Distribution as a whole is preferred. Basic understanding and experience of the use of basic hand tools and power hand tools.
- Knowledge of Outlook and ERP Systems is essential.
- Ability to obtain a hi lo and picker license.