The National Service Director is responsible for Regional Field Service Technicians, Field Service Technicians, Service Customer Support Representatives, and Field Service Operations selling service as a product. This role supports the organization’s goals of providing a customer portfolio featuring a total product cost management solution. This position is supported by Skytron’s Technical Service Center at our corporate headquarters. The individual must possess a solid technical understanding to support the needs of operations and sales, initiate contact with key customers, and review Skytron’s third party service providers.
- Interacts with key Independent Delivery Network and Group Purchasing Organization customers to promote Skytron’s single point of contact.
- Assists with issues that require escalation and works with customer groups to ensure all technical service needs are met.
- Exceeds company service sales and operation goals, demonstrating service revenue growth using key performance indicators.
- Improves operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission.
- Prepares weekly service reports and monthly reports for management regarding utilization and quality of service work.
- Develops and implements procedures and guidelines, ensuring customer repair orders, installation, and preventative maintenance visits are completed in a thorough, professional and timely manner.
- Reviews performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement of the field service group and 3rd party service providers, determining training needs and areas for program improvement.
- Manages and increases the effectiveness and efficiency of internal support services (Dispatch and Customer Service), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Plays a significant role in long-term planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
- Drives initiatives within the management team and organization that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Establishes and provides goals and objectives to the operations group to meet current and future service needs.
- Participates in and evaluates the need for direct field service support in existing and emerging service areas.
- Works effectively in a team environment to monitor, log, resolve and escalate issues with installations and service of equipment.
Education, Training, Licensure/Certification
- Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or five to seven years related experience managing off-site employees.
- Strong customer focus in every aspect of the job, including the ability to work directly with key customers in a consultative and technical capacity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong mechanical and analytical skills.
- Strong managerial skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Resourceful, innovative and creative.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Open to direction and collaborative work style.