The Boom Technician builds quality booms, including hydraulics, electrical, and gases. With minimal supervision, this individual builds and maintains medical equipment and instrumentation of moderate complexity. The Boom Technician is also responsible for inspecting and reporting any damage or inconsistencies in carriers and boom arms. This position reports to the Boom Supervisor.
- Reviews work orders and drawings, building assigned parts according to customer specifications.
- Crates, packages, labels, and moves completed product to the end of the work pay for pick up by the material handler.
- Completes required paperwork and documentation in manner that is both thorough and accurate.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment according to task sheet assignments.
- Actively participates in CI projects and events, sharing ideas for improvement freely.
- Cross trains in all areas of the boom department, demonstrating a willingness to help and train in areas outside the boom department when instructed.
Education, Training, Licensure/Certification
- HS Diploma or equivalent, with ambition to further education relevant to job demands.
- Some experience with light mechanical, electrical, and hydraulics is desirable.
- Ability to read and understand basic blueprints and multi-meters
- Ability to learn to use a hi-pot tester and other testing equipment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Outlook and ERP Systems is essential.
- Ability to obtain a hi lo and picker license