The Boom Supervisor reports directly to the Director of Operations & Quality. This position is responsible for ensuring the needs of customers are met on time and with the best of quality. The Boom Supervisor ensures orders are scheduled, problems are resolved, and team work assignments are completed on time in adherence to all quality standards. This individual coaches and engages team members in continuous improvement activities to better the team, area, workflows and quality.
- Maintains and communicates schedule, ensuring work is assigned to team members and completed on time.
- Collaborates with Planning, Material Handling and Shipping & Receiving departments to ensure orders are produced in the best order for attaining ship schedules and reducing waste.
- Addresses and works to solve any issues with orders in a timely fashion.
- Facilitates continuous improvement initiatives and meetings.
- Trains, coaches and mentors team members.
- Works closely with quality and/or safety team to address any issues that arise.
- Performs quality checks and ensures order and documentation are accurate and timely.
- Ensures safety standards are followed by all team members and generates ideas to create a safer work environment.
- Works closely with relevant departments and individuals on boom product introductions to ensure smooth transition into production.
- Assists on the boom line, as determined by workload needs.
- Oversees the process of ordering miscellaneous product and any new tools or replacement tools.
- Aides in the recruitment process, rewards and recognizes employee accomplishments and handles corrective discipline when necessary.
- Leads daily meetings and communicates assignments and deadlines to team members.
Education, Training, Licensure/Certification
- Associates Degree and/or 3 – 5 years supervisory experience is highly desired.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in a warehouse or distribution center, desired.
- Prior experience and/or training in electrical circuits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must know how to read and follow blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to read and understand electrical testing equipment and ensure equipment is in accordance with NEC and NFPA 99.
- Knowledge of Excel and basic Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to obtain hi lo and picker license.